Pages


Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Second: The Interview.

It was 10.30am. Everyone was nervous and anxious of what the interview panel would be asking. There were 3 interviewers. One of them is the Deputy Dean of Kuliyyah of Dentistry. The questions uttered were as follows:



Q: *Checking my profile* oh... a very determined person. Why do you choose dentistry?
A: I chose dentistry because I find it very interesting as it is composed of science & artistry. And I wanna help ppl to be aware of how important it is to take care of their oral health. Because the public always take it for granted. They think that oral care is not as important as other parts of the body.
Honest ans: My father is a doctor and I want to continue his legacy. But the thing is, I don’t want to work late until night cause in the future, I’ll have my own family and become a mother. So I need to balance my work life with my family. That’s why I chose to be a dentist cause dentists usually work in office hours.



Q: When did you realize that you want to choose this path (dentistry)?
A: After SPM.
Honest ans: I’ve been considering accountancy cause I love Math. But after SPM in the UPU form I filled in dentistry, so I’ll just continue with it.



Q: Do you know any seniors in Kuliyyah of Dentistry (Kuantan Campus)?
A: No. *shaking my head*
Honest ans: *thinking*Yes, I do know a few of ‘em, like Kak Aishah, Kak Farah, Kak Ilyia and Kak Afifah. (but it was too late to change my answer)




Q: Do you hear any rumours about Kuliyyah of Dentistry? *smiled*
A: Yes, I heard that dentistry is tougher than medical because dentistry students need to study what medic students do, then add up with further elements of dentistry.
Honest ans: I heard that dentistry is tougher than medical, but I managed to convince myself that the rumour is not true.




Q: *Scanning my previous results* I see that you have problems with Biology (FYI, I never get an A for Bio). Why?
A: Well, I think I have problems with memorizing the topics…and stuffs in Biology. And I need to improve that. *convincing face*



Q: *The Deputy Dean looked very worried* Do you know the technique to memorize better? Because this course needs a lot of memorization.
A: I think it would be better if I do study group..




Q: No no no, do you know the right technique? Do you jot down notes after reading?
A: Yeah, I write a simple note for the key points.
.
Honest ans: Not really because I have to rush on reading. I always end up doing last minute revise.




Q: You know, if you write down what you have read and rewrite, you will remember better. You need to rewrite and rewrite, then it would be easier for you to memorize.
A: *Nodding* okay3.
Honest ans: *Wondering* How can I write what I have read if I couldn’t even manage to finish reading all the topics? Especially during final exams. There were so many topics to cover on.




Q: *Nothing else to say* That’s all. Thank you.
A: Thanks for your time :)



Well, in some situations, we just cannot be too honest, right?


Alhamdulillah, finally in less than 10 minutes the interview was over. Feuwhh~ . The interviewers were kind though. They always put on a friendly face and give reasonable questions. I’d love to be their students if they are dentistry lecturers! :)

2 comments:

  1. sbb ade kuota atau limitation for number of students. lebih kurang 40 je yg boleh masuk. tapi selalunya semua yg pergi interview akan dapat, insyaAllah.

    ReplyDelete

flickr stream.

www.flickr.com
frzee's geoforest park photoset frzee's geoforest park photoset

Followers